Tuesday 29 November 2011

Gold Swank 50’s interlink Deco..........$105

One man’s mission to share with the world the fine art of cufflinks.
 Each blog a different pair and each blog a different story.  Read on in this series.....
 50’s flash will always impress and today we have a retro set to die for.
 The Ever Dapper Cary Grant was always on the ball…..a Link man in just about every publicity shot and was possibly the greatest “ladies man” of all screen history.

North by North West was possibly his greatest effort and when teamed up with another great Link man, Alfred Hitchcock, he had the benefit of some classic script lines:
  My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.”
 I'm an advertising man, not a red herring. I've got a job, a secretary, a mother, two ex-wives and several bartenders dependent upon me, and I don't intend to disappoint them all by getting myself slightly killed


North by North West was possibly Hollywood’s first and still the most blatant product endorsement flick!!!!


Today’s little beauties are a pair of gold Swank 50’s interlink deco style cuff links. Worn with Savile Row Egyptian cotton shirt and brown silk Paul Smith neck tie with bold pink stripes.
 These cufflinks were found in the bottom drawer of a smart antique store Trésor in the Strand Arcade Sydney.





Till later


ONWARD


No comments:

Post a Comment