Tuesday 13 December 2011

Sahdu...........$115

 
One man’s mission to share with the world the fine art of cufflinks.
 Each blog a different pair and each blog a different story.  Read on in this series.....
A Holy Man once saw today’s cuff links in my business travels through India and was most impressed that the lotus flowers faced both horizons, the heavens and the sun and the moon. He then quipped that there was even his own moustache represented, albeit upside down!!!!! I often chuckle about my brief encounter with this wise old man every time I wear these cuff links. I often think if it all gets to tough, I could simply jump on a plane and head for India and join my friend in the ashram….

This Holy Man’s moustache was something to behold and would have most certainly put any “Movember” candidates to shame….it was waxed to perfection and had obviously been attended to every day in the most meticulous manner. The orange in his robes was the brightest I had ever seen, to which he said that the colours represent the coming of the sun each day. His life was a simple one of meditation and prayer having renounced all worldly pleasures to reflect and be as one with the universe. His aura and sheer presence I have only every felt from rock stars and heads of state.




Today’s Links are from Mumbai. They are brass with green lotus motifs and worn with a Singapore Cricket Club members tie on a Valentino cotton shirt.


These were worn on the day Sachin Tendulkar, Mumbai’s favourite son, scored 154 not out at the Sydney Cricket Ground in 2008.

Celebrations 5 January 2008, Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney Australia

Til tomorrow


ONWARD

No comments:

Post a Comment